Sometimes you can think that Neo1973 does not want to recognize your SIM card. Werner Almesberger sent informations how to check it to framework-devel list. I want to extend it a bit.
– First GSM daemon need to be stopped as we want to have total control over modem.
– Power On GSM modem:
echo 1 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/gta01-pm-gsm.0/power_on
– Start `cu` terminal to talk with modem:
cu -E @ -l /dev/ttySAC0 Connected. AT-Command Interpreter Ready
(do not panic if you will get other line after ‘Connected’)
– Enable echo:
– Enable error reporting with texts instead of numbers:
– Enable modem functionality:
here you can get `+CME ERROR: SIM PIN required` message so you need to enter PIN
– Pass PIN:
replace `1234` with proper PIN of course
– Select network operator (register to network)
– Dial someone
semicolon is needed to mark that this will be voice call — my SE k750i phone recognize both form but also give me information does it is voice or data call.
If this sequence does not work on your phone then write to mailing list.