As I already wrote I switched to amd64 platform and reinstalled Debian on it. Everything works now… except Firefox.
Yes Firefox… I understand that Debian developers decided to not ship it due some licensing problems. But there was discussion about Iceweasel instead of it — too bad that it was only discussion ;( Today I have few possibilities:
- use Firefox 1.5.0.x which is old
- forget about Firefox and stick to Konqueror
- switch to Ubuntu which I do not want to do as I use Debian for years
- build Firefox 2.0 from source
- build Firefox 2.0 from Ubuntu sources
Probably will select one of last ones when will find some free time.
And Opera does not provide amd64 packages too ;(
UPDATE: I have Firefox 2.0 working now. To get it installed and working few steps need to be done:
experimentalinto APT sources
libgtk2to ones from
- install fetched packages