Some time ago Andrea Gallo from ST-Ericsson called me and proposed participation in their workshop during ELC Europe. It will be about NHK15 developer board which is based on STn8815 cpu (arm926 core + dsp). I will present Poky Linux and OpenEmbedded based environments on it.
Few days later board arrived at home in a big carton box filled with stuff.
As it is shown on picture above package contains everything needed to use board. From top-left:
- tv out cable
- debug board (serial + ethernet)
- miniUSB cable
- speakers + battery cable + wifi antenna
- ribbon cables to connect debug board
- PSU (5V)
- UK/EU/US power plugs
- serial cable
By default board comes without operating system flashed. The only thing available is test picture which can be used to test does device works at all:
NHK15 offers many connectors:
- audio in/out
- SD/MMC slot
- battery connector (cable included, battery not)
- speakers (separated left/right — both are included)
- WiFi antenna (board uses same chip as Nokia tablets)
- FM antenna
- TV out (cable included)
- miniAB USB device/host port
- camera (daughterboard with image sensor included)
- debug board (which provides serial + Ethernet ports)
- ETM/Nexus ports
- SIM socket
There is 128MB of memory and 128MB NAND + 256MB OneNAND for storage. Connection with world can be done over serial, Ethernet, WiFi or Bluetooth. Screen has WVGA resolution and touchscreen attached.
Now I have Linux running on it but plan to switch to Poky Linux (supported) and OpenEmbedded based systems (Ångström for start) soon.