Somewhere in 2010/11 I decided to clean up mess of naming machines at home and decided to go with character names from “Winnie the Pooh” books (Polish edition). Today I got new developer board and had to spend a moment to get a name for it.
So “klapouchy” (Eyeore) will be new name for DragonBoard. Maybe not best one but most of the names are already taken:
– krzys (Christopher Robin) is my router (because Chris decides who can enter Hundred Acre Wood which is the name of my WiFi network)
– puchatek (Winnie the Pooh) is main desktop
– lumpek (Lumpy) is conference laptop (it was lucek before because it got Ubuntu Lucid as first system)
– gofer (Gopher) is Efika MX Smartbook
– krolik (Rabbit) is Samsung Chromebook
– malenstwo (Roo) is Pandaboard (there were malenstwo-a1 and malenstwo-ea1 when I had two boards)
– prosiaczek (Piglet) was MX53 Quickstart
– kangurzyca (Kanga) is my wife laptop (she chosen the name)
– sowa (Owl) is another router
– tygrysek (Tigger) is my VPS (at beginning it was up/down/up/down all the time)
So most of the names from books are already taken. There are also Disney movies which adds few new ones (like Gopher and Lumpy) and cartoons (which I am not fan of). In worst case one day I will start re-using names or add names from other story.
What I used before? Desktop was “home” or “hrw”, Dell laptop (now “kangurzyca”) was “maluch” (small) due to 12″ size, “lumpek” was “lucek” due to Ubuntu Lucid installed and rest was named by hardware name (which is a default in OpenEmbedded).
How you are naming your machines?