It was over eight years ago when I wrote application last time. Since then I had my hands in countless programs, libraries etc. but never wrote something new from scratch. Until recently…
Some time ago Mickey Lauer presented his module player for iPhone. I like the idea and started thinking about creating such one for my devices. After some discussions about Modland music collection with him I started coding.
To make things as simple as possible I used Qt framework with Phonon for playing (GStreamer modplug plugin underneath). Current version maybe is not so beauty but it is usable and works fine. Application will be GPL — I used code from Qt demos, read random snippets of code from other programs etc.
Things already implemented:
- playing local modules
- fetching modules from modland archive
- author/song selection
- playing next song on song end (with looping on author)
- volume change (will probably get removed from UI)
Things to do:
- error handling (especially fetching related)
- download progressbar
- playing counters
- small screen usability (stacked windows/tabs)
- and others…
For readers: what is a real name of Lord Performer? :D