From time to time someone ask me why their attempt to use OpenEmbedded fail — I’m a bit tired of saying the same each time so I decided to write how I have directories setup.
I started writing database of CF cards — which driver they need etc. It contain info from pcmcia-cs 3.2.8 package and other OpenEmbedded generated packages with CF/PCMCIA drivers.
Current version only can show data.
WiFi cards which use Prism chipset can have miscelanous versions of firmware. Hopefully they can be flashed to newer version — this page have instructions how to make it.
But which version to choose? I tried to collect some infos about firmwares and here are results:
- 1.3.1- Added ability to perform non-destructive AP scanning (i.e., maintain current association state)
- 1.4.9 — Earlier version (1.4.2?) has some problems with PCI-based cards. The symptom is corrupted packets. If you have PCI cards, upgrade to this one.
- 1.5.6 — This version and later ones enable hostap driver to use standard 4-address packet format for WDS packets.
- 1.6.3 — Supports hiding ESSID.
- 1.7.0 — Supports WPA encryption.
- 1.8.4 — Latest flashable version.
Today I looked into my FF 1.5beta extensions list and after little cleaning (removed few not recently used ones) I have 21 external extensions installed. Some of them are little tweaks which imho should be integrated in FireFox itself (like AutoMarks, Bookmarks Full Titles or LiveBookmarkThis).
Many extensions does not work out-of-box with 1.5beta — I changed MaxVersion for them and tested does they work.
Today friend sent me a message that Sharp Zaurus SL-A300 appeared on Allegro (Polish biggest auction site). This is the only one model of Zaurus not supported in OpenZaurus.
Someone want to donate? 🙂
After using BitKeeper (when it has free license), Subversion and monotone each time when I have to work with CVS repository I feel sick. Simple operations takes time — comparing changes need contact with remote repository which sucks especially with SourceForge CVS service (avoid if you can).
But sometimes there is no other choice ;(