I had some ideas for improvements on website. And finally found some time to implement them.
Series of posts
One of changes was implementing ‘series of posts’ to make it easier to find posts on one topic. For now there are two of them:
- Standards in Arm space
- From a diary of AArch64 porter
Each post in series has a list at the top. I may group some other posts into additional series.
Mobile devices fixes
From time to time I had email from Google bots that some things on my website need improvements. Most of it were about mobile devices. So I went through Lighthouse audits and did some changes:
- top menu is one entry per line
- clickable lists have more padding between entries
- removed ‘popular tags’ group from sidebar as it was not used
- display more entries in ‘recent posts’ sidebar section
About me section
Also added ‘About me’ section to the sidebar. I often give links to my blog posts in several instant messaging channels (IRC, Discord, Telegram) and when people realize that I wrote them there is strange moment:
<hrw> irc_user: https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2020/06/17/ebbr-on-rockpro64/
<irc_user> hrw: yes, I know that article, that is why I want to try it, I’ll get the RockPro64 today if all goes well! :)
<irc_user> I wonder whether the images from uboot-images-armv8-2020.10-2.fc33.noarch.rpm also have EBBR support for rockpro64 though, without needing to download a random binary from Marcin’s website :)
<hrw> iirc Fedora images are not built for writing into SPI flash
<hrw> irc_user: and you reminded me that I need to add text block to website
<irc_user> hrw: ah, you are Marcin! :-)
<irc_user> now I feel stupid
<irc_user> excellent blog you have! thanks so much for that, I learned a lot!
Now info about my nick name is right at the top of page (unless on mobile).
I also added a list of tables from my side projects:
- BSA and SBSA checklist
- Linux system calls for all architectures
I know that they have some users but now both are more visible.