There are nice things in Alix board design and few not quite nice.
- only 12V voltage needed (small external PSU is in package)
- DC-DC converter on board (so no need for ATX PSU or PicoPSU + 12V external PSU)
- slot for CompactFlash storage on board (no need for CF->ATA adapter)
- miniPCI slot
- low profile (board has height of dual USB connector)
- 22 GPIO lines
- 256MB of RAM soldered on board (so no space taken by memory slot)
- no fan, no heatsink
What I do not like:
- lack of ATX back cover for ports (so when you put it in case you will get big hole for dust)
- lack of memory slot (even SO-DIMM one if someone want more then 256MB RAM)
- ATA connector is 44 pin one for 2.5” harddisks (looks like it is impossible to buy 2.5”->2.5” cable in Poland)
So if someone know where to buy 2.5” -> 2.5” ATA cable in Poland then please write in comment.