Next month will start with conferences… Tomorrow I go for FOSDEM 2014 then one day break (to change bags) and then Devconf.cz in Brno, Czech Republic.
It will be 6th visit at FOSDEM for me. I do not plan to man a booth for any project and hope to find time to visit at least few talks — this year list is quite long:
- A Method for Distributing Applications Independent from the Distro
- Anatomy of kdbus
- ARM: Allwinner sunxi SoC’s and the community behind it
- CentOS: Planning for Variants and the Next Chapter
- Considering the Future of Copyleft
- Cross Distro Automation
- Debian Contributors
- Discover DoudouLinux live!
- GNURadio as a general purpose DSP environment
- How we found a million style and grammar errors in the English Wikipedia
- Introducing the Meson build system
- IP risks for OSS developers
- Is distribution-level package management obsolete?
- Legal issues from a radical community angle
- lima driver: Opening up the Mali instruction set
- Lumicall — an open alternative to Viber
- MINIX 3 on ARM
- No more IPv4
- Nouveau — On-going work, demos and research
- OpenJDK on AArch64 Update
- OpenPandora and a peek into the future
- osmocom: Overview of our SDR projects
- Persistent Memory
- Porting FreeBSD on Xen on ARM
- Reproducible Builds for Debian
- Software Archaeology for Beginners
- State of the X.org foundation
- State of Thunderbird
- Sunxi KMS driver
- Technical introduction to the deeper parts of Sailfish OS, a Qt5-Wayland based mobile OS
- Testing Kernel GFX Drivers
- The evolution of Android’s runtime
- The Lima driver
- UEFI is not your enemy
- Virtualization Dungeon on ARM
- Who ate my battery?
- Why You Should Be an Open Source Project
- Xen on ARM
As usual it would be success if I will manage to see 30% of them as for me FOSDEM is a place to meet people from other projects to share ideas rather than spend time on sessions.
Next will be Devconf.cz but first ARM Hackfest a day before at Red Hat office (an option to check my badge). This conference is more Fedora related and I hope to meet interesting people there to discuss how to do some things. No talks selection as there will much smaller amount of them so I can do it between sessions ;D
If you want to catch me at conferences then use Google Hangout, Facebook Messenger or just mail me. I plan to have local SIM card to be always online.