Some time ago I upgraded to one of Release Candidate of Wordpress MU. It was working but only partially (tag links get broken on my setup). Today I fetched fresh 1.3 release (based on WordPress 2.3.1) and installed on my website.
New thing which got added is native tags support — no more UltimateTagWarrior usage but instead WP tags. Some hints for those who will also upgrade:
- Importing tags from UTW is in Manage -> Import and works great (require enabled UTW).
- After import UTW can be disabled and removed
- Tag cloud is not so nice as it was with UTW tag cloud widget and is not configurable :(
- Install Recommended Tags plugin to get help on tagging during writing (very configurable plugin). If you have lot of tags then disable “Display all tags” option (Options-> Recommended Tags).
- If you use theme not ready for WordPress 2.3 then you have to edit it and use
the_tagsfunction to list tags.
Then — happy tagging and using WordPress 2.3.x or WPMU 1.3.x :)