2016 started so it is a good moment for post about previous year. I did that every year except last one (for several reasons).
– After sorting out hardware issues I [started X11 on AArch64](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/01/14/started-x11-on-aarch64-hardware-this-time/). On old, crappy Matrox G550 card but it was a start. Now I use Radeon HD5450 and have 2D/3D acceleration ;D
– [Became “proven packager” in Fedora](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/01/27/gained-new-power/) which means that I can commit changes to any package there.
– One of my friends asked for Realtek 8029 (10Mbps Ethernet card) for his retro machine. I asked few people and ended with sending 20kg package to Piotr. Few computers, hard drives, optical drives, floppy drives, few GB of memory of different type etc. But no RLT8029…
– Managed to visit some strange places just because I drove with Google Maps in the night… It does not handle “turn around and drive back” method ;(
– Bought LG G3 phone as my Nexus 5 was driving me nuts. Few months later I got new N5 from Google (sold it to friend), replaced battery in broken one and gave it to my wife.
– Attended FOSDEM (again) and Devconf.cz conferences. Walked a lot thought Brno, visited Red Hat Czech office where I met few coworkers.
– Sold Wandboard Quad board.
– Linaro announced 96boards project and presented HiKey. I [wrote few words about it](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/02/09/96boards/) and have to admit that I am still sceptical when it comes to this project.
– Ate burger in a doughnut on Fat Thursday. Interesting, tasty. Hope to repeat one day.
– Visited Hannover, Germany to play Ingress. Lot of fun and driving.
– Pinkiepie (APM Mustang, my AArch64 devmachine) needed 7 minutes to boot due to some PCI error ;D
– Attended Open Source Day conference in Warsaw. Nice hallway track talks — especially one with IBM guy about POWER8 and ppc64le.
– I was asked “How do you run VMS on AArch64???” few times after I wrote [how to run virtual machines on Fedora/AArch64](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/04/17/running-vms-on-fedoraaarch64/). All because of url ;D
– Started playing Resources game. After few days made [page with some helpers](http://resources.one.pl/) ;D
– Bought new tablet — Lenovo S8 (Intel Atom powered, Android). Was good decision.
– Saw amazing demo called [“8088 MPH”](http://trixter.oldskool.org/2015/04/07/8088-mph-we-break-all-your-emulators/) which requires real IBM 5160 PC with CGA. Now I have CGA at home but still not PC/XT machine.
– This month we got something more enterprise with AArch64 support — CentOS/AArch64. So I [had to test and post about it](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/05/12/and-now-something-more-enterprise-centos-on-aarch64/).
– Fedora 22 got released with working AArch64 installer.
– Visited Poznań, Poland to play Ingress. Lot of fun and meetings with old friends.
– As Flock (Fedora conference) was in USA I started planning my [US/CA vacations](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/06/25/vacations-in-usa-and-canada/).
– Made use of Minnowboard Max board and [finished “media player for my wife” project](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/06/05/project-media-player-for-my-wife-finished/). Runs Ubuntu 15.10 with Kodi. Controlled with one of those wireless remotes.
– [RHEL Server for ARM Development Preview was announced](http://www.redhat.com/en/about/blog/long-arm-linux-red-hat-enterprise-linux-server-arm-development-preview) and my AArch64 work became available in yet another distribution.
– [First set of leaks of Huskey board arrived](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/06/26/96boards-goes-enterprise/) so I wrote about it. It was officially announced some time later but even now it is not available.
– Vacations part I. Took my daughter for a trip. Visited dinosaurs park, some old castles and visited family. While we were in Olecko I added set of Ingress missions there. Doing them was fun 😉
– Visited one retro computing event.
– Vacations part II. First Reykjavík, Iceland for a day — met local Ingress players, visited what was possible in short amount of time. Then Boston/Cambridge/Salem, Massachusetts for nearly a week — again lot of walking. Met Jon Masters, drank some crazy “beer with ice cream shake” and had lot of fun.
– Next was Flock conference in Rochester, NY. Lot of Fedora people from USA/Canada who never went for European conferences. Played “Cards against humanity” — have to finally buy a set.
– Then Niagara Falls, Canada for 24 hours. Crazy trip, lot of photos, free flu ;D
– Toronto was fun as well. Went for few interesting walking trips, visited local hackerspace. Even had good beer!
– Created [table with syscall number for different architectures](http://malenstwo.juszkiewicz.com.pl/~hrw/test/syscalls.html) — contact me if it needs updates.
– [Found out why XServer does not start automatically on AArch64 with PCIe gfx card](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/09/11/how-to-get-xserver-running-out-of-box-on-aarch64/) and digged into it again and again.
– Visited “Riverwash” demoscene party in Kraków, Poland.
– Week with AArch64 as a desktop machine: [day one](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/09/21/aarch64-desktop-day-one/), [day two](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/09/22/aarch64-desktop-day-two/), [last day](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/09/25/aarch64-desktop-last-day/). We are not there yet.
– Few posts “from a diary of AArch64 porter”: [POSIX.1](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/09/03/from-a-diary-of-aarch-porter-posix-1-functionality/), [PAGE_SIZE](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/09/14/from-a-diary-of-aarch64-porter-page_size/), [VFP precision](https://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/09/19/from-a-diary-of-aarch64-porter-vfp-precision/).
– Google released Pixel C — first laptop-like device with AArch64. Too expensive for development machine.
– Visited “Retrokomp” event and “Load Error” demoscene party in Gdańsk, Poland. Saw next set of old Polish computers. Time to switch to computers from 50-70s as retro ;D
– Hacked broken USB cable to be power/reset buttons for APM Mustang.
– Visited Hamburg, Germany to play Ingress. Lot of fun and driving. Met Alexander Sack under his house just after he left home for a smoke ;D
– Passed ten thousand of visited portals in Ingress. After two and half year of playing.
– Went for Microsoft Expert Summit conference and then for Jesień Linuksowa (“Linux Autumn”). Why me on MS one? Friend had a talk there and we were sharing a car 😉
– [RHEL Server for ARM 7.2 Development Preview got released](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/11/20/red-hat-enterprise-linux-server-for-arm-7-2-development-preview-released)
– Wrote [short note why Fedora 23 does not support several popular boards](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2015/11/10/fedora-23-and-unsupported-armaarch64-devices).
– Got Roseapple/Pi developer board. 3.10 kernel only, ancient U-Boot, no signs of any activity. Went to drawer.
– Bought myself a TV set. Then hacked it to work with my bluetooth headphones so I can watch movies when other people sleep ;D
– After few years switched theme on blog.