Again we are at start of new year. As usual I decided to write some timeline for 2011 year.
– Went to [Ubuntu/Linaro platform rally in Dallas, TX](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/01/19/ubuntulinaro-platform-rally-in-dallas-tx/). It was my second trip to USA but first time I got so [jet lagged](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/01/20/jetlagged/) after.
– Switched from Nokia N900 (Maemo 5) to Samsung Nexus S (Android 2.3). One of best moves in 2011.
– FOSDEM as usual. This time I went there with my wife. She saw more of Brussels in one day then I manage during few visits. But she had [‘spouse tours’](http://archive.fosdem.org/2011/fosdem-spousespartners-tour) in Saturday and Sunday 😉
– Started using [Cyanogenmod](http://cyanogenmod.com/) on my phone instead of stock Android. Nice improvements and always fresh system.
– Decided to drop KDE and [switched to XFCE](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/03/11/switched-to-xfce/) on desktop and laptop. Main reason was KMail which started to be too hard to rely on. Moved to Evolution and few months later to Thunderbird.
– [Linaro porting jam](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/04/07/linaro-porting-jam/) weekly event started. It got quiet last months but we will resurrect it!
– Visited Budapest, Hungary for [Linaro Connect Q2.12 and Ubuntu Developers Summit](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/05/13/uds-o/). Compared to earlier events this time I even found time for some sightseeing — hope that it is not last time. Also met many old friends during event.
– started to [make new arrangement of my work desk](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/05/19/reorganization-of-desk-day-1/). Lot of cables went into storage boxes, some devices also. Today I have it far from order but it is better than it was. Also moved Pandaboards moved to [piece of chipboard](http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrwandil/5764102437/). Today it looks different but no photos until I end.
– [Moved hosting to own VPS](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/06/17/moved-website-hosting/). Took me a bit to get it working like I wanted but now it just works. Powered by Ubuntu as I was lazy to learn other system and due to my work it is easier to catch some developers in case of failures.
– My post about [running 3.0 kernel under Ubuntu ‘natty’ 11.04](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/06/20/linux-3-0-under-ubuntu-natty-11-04/) got lot of attention.
– Another [Ubuntu platform sprint](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/07/08/dublin-ubuntu-sprint-and-more/) — this time in Dublin, Ireland. Met some old friends which moved there from Poland. Also spent awesome weekend with my wife and local part of our family.
– Took 2 weeks of vacations. We went nearly in the middle of nowhere 😉
– Switched phone operator again. This time it is Orange, PL and I am on prepaid. Number stayed the same of course.
– Started using [Google+](http://gplus.to/hrw/).
– We had first official [Linaro Connect](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/08/08/linaro-connect-q3-11/) in Cambourne, UK. It was kind of conference with lot of hacking time. During it I played with all developer boards which we support and [wrote what do I think about them](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/08/03/what-is-wrong-with-all-those-cheap-developer-boards/). This post gave me unofficial title of ‘Linaro’s main complainer’ and as a result we can expect some hardware guys presence during next Linaro Connect events.
– Released some generic Linux cross toolchain for tests which got some use. Toolchain working group has now people working on it.
– Bought [Hannspree Hannspad tablet](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/09/30/my-opinion-about-hannspree-hannspad-sn10t1/) running Android 2.2 by default. Played with Cyanogenmod7 and Honeycomb on it. Finally got rid of it month later as I got one with shitty screen.
– [Tried Unity](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/08/31/unity-thanks-but-no/) but gave up.
– Modded ATX Power supply which provided 5/12V for my developer boards [got fried](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/09/01/my-devboards-lost-power-source/). Replaced it with industrial +5V/20A one — no boards running at 12V at desk.
– VPS upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 ‘lucid’ to 11.04 ‘natty’ ended with not bootable system. All I got was [“Error: Boot loader didn’t return any data!”](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/09/08/error-boot-loader-didnt-return-any-data/) message from Xen. Solved problem, described for users.
– [Bought a bike](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/10/10/bought-a-bike/) for me and another for wife. We also got extra seat for our daughter and did some trips in forests surrounding Szczecin. Then it became too cold for family trips.
– Went to [Open Source Szczecin conference](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/10/31/open-source-szczecin-conference/) to listen what people have to say about some projects. Was quite interesting.
– Got [mx53 Quick Start board](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/11/24/square-board-with-five-edges/) from Freescale for my Linaro work.
– Visited Prague, Czech Republic again. This time for Embedded Linux Conference. Nice time, met friends. There was also general assembly of OpenEmbedded e.V. organization.
– Linaro Connect Q4.11 took place at same time as Ubuntu Developer Summit. Another visit in Orlando, Florida, USA. This time we got room as usual — at the end of corridor 😉 Bought myself Amazon Kindle e-reader which I am now using to read some old Science Fiction books.
– [I got interviewed during Linaro Connect](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/11/04/i-got-interviewed-during-linaro-connect/) — we were talking about projects which I worked on in past, what brought me to Linux on ARM. Worth watching!
– Started using Unity again.
– After [month of using Unity](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/12/12/used-unity-for-over-a-month/) I went back to KDE. Too many things was interrupting my work.
– [Upgraded my home machine to i7-2600K](http://marcin.juszkiewicz.com.pl/2011/12/15/i-feel-the-power-of-i7/). With 16GB of memory I am building everything in RAM now and lack of cpu time no longer stops me from work.