2007 is ending. It was very good year for me. I am now married man, waiting for daughter birth. Have own company, working as contractor for one of biggest companies in OpenEmbedded world.
- Signed contract with OpenedHand — starting from February.
- Became one of 50 selected developers for OpenMoko Phase0 program. Each of us got offer to get Neo1973 GTA01 for free. First it was GTA01Bv3 with battery problem, then GTA01Bv4.
- I ended working for Conecto. Finally end of PHP programming.
- There was information that Sharp ended production of Zaurus palmtops. During next months they were still manufacturing them.
- FOSDEM — my first one. It was very nice event and good occasion to meet all those hackers from miscellaneous projects. I spoke with more people that was able to remember.
- Got Nokia 770 tablet donated. Interesting device but underpowered. It also became unsupported few months later.
- My first code entered Linux kernel. It was LCD backlight driver for Frontpath ProGear tablet.
- OpenMoko project released RoadMap.
- Vernier LabQuest got released. I was one of members of OpenedHand development team working on Poky for this device.
- Pingwinaria 2007 — I was there with one talk about OpenEmbedded. Then decided that it is time to buy laptop to be able to read mail, do some hacking etc.
- My Neo1973 GTA01Bv3 arrived. Added was Debug board, 128MB MicroSD card, pen/stylus and few other things.
- Three years of using OpenEmbedded.
- OpenZaurus project halted — all work is now done for Ångström distribution.
- My oldest Zaurus got SD/MMC driver for 2.6 kernel. Thanks goes to Thomas Kunze. I hope that he will update it to current kernels one day.
- Moved blog to current domain.
- Bought Dell D400 laptop. It is nice and fast machine — I use it as 32bit build machine.
- Nokia 770 which I got two months before became unsupported device.
- Bought 3rdparty Nokia charger to be able to charge Neo1973 battery.
- I got Neo1973 GTA01Bv4. As this was “developer update” only battery was added. I also got
gllinin rootfs 🙂
- Bought Linksys NSLU2 — it was working as NFS server for my build machines.
- Played a bit with Vista on my friend 17″ laptop. It is not a system for me.
- After reading about trademark wars started by handhelds.org I decided to end using their services. It also means that I am no longer OPIE developer.
- With few friends took StarWars marathon. We were exhausted after five episodes so “Return Of The Jedi” was not displayed.
- Due to big amount of visits from Google search I wrote small information about how to buy Neo1973 phone.
- GUADEC — I was going there with thinking “what I would do at GNOME conference” but it was also occasion to meet OpenedHand gang and people from other projects. I still remember how badly I lost on first day… and I did it twice ;(
- I married my beloved Ania — it was big event with lot of people from our families, our friends…
- Poky Linux 3.0 released — after release we pushed all upgrades which came to our minds and it was still working.
- Got Alix.1c board which PC Engines company donated to OpenEmbedded project. It replaces NSLU2 as NFS server. It still lack case and other services are still not moved to it.
- Ania and I were on Zakynthos island (Greece) on honeymoon — nice place if you want to rest.
- I wrote post about my testing of OpenMoko 2007.2 system. It was most popular post ever.
- My blog got new theme.
- OEDEM 2007 took place. Nice event, lot of OpenEmbedded developers.
- Maemo started developer program for Nokia N810 tablet. Due to limitations I was unable to take part of it. ARGHH!
- Upgraded my desktop system a bit — new CPU and cooler.
- OpenMoko released Gllin with script which starts it using OABI libraries on EABI system.
- Thanks to work done by Dmitry Baryshkov 2.6.23 kernel works nice on Tosa. It pushed new life into this device.
- OpenedHand X-mas took place — lot of fun and occasion to meet new guys from OH. Also played with few interesting devices.
- Due to lack of ARMv6 hardware I was working on getting current QEmu working. Now I am using it to test my recent Poky changes.
- Due to flu (which I catch during OH X-mas) we had to spend Christmas at home. It was our first x-mas at home without family.